Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 10: Sustainable Fashion

I wouldn't say that this particular shopping sabbatical blog has taught me anything specifically. It has definitely made me more aware of my spending habits though. In most of my classes this semester, sustainability has been a big topic, so I've been more immersed in the sustainability conversation.

Since January, I have been volunteering at the Ecology Action Center, putting together the Renewable Fashion Challenge with six other fashion students at ISU. It has been a very interesting experience through learning about "going green" in the fashion industry. This whole semester has given me a meaningful knowledge about sustainability that I can tie into my future career.

3 comments:

  1. Working with the ecology action center has definitely got me thinking about sustainable fashion a lot more too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes volunteering at the ecology action center made me think more about sustainability!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sustainability has been a huge topic in our classes this semester. It's so important in our field.

    ReplyDelete