Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 6: Surprise! No Shopping!

Technically, I didn't buy any new clothing items this week. That's because I did all my shopping last Saturday.... It was Spring Break, and when my mom wants to go shopping, I go shopping!

So this week, I only went to a thrift store and got a couple shirts, which I don't think they count as new items since they were bought and used by someone else. I also don't think it counts because I'll probably end up donating them back because I won't wear them. Other than that, I didn't really have a lot of temptation to shop when I was at home. My parents kept me busy with doing housework and meeting people for lunch every day. They missed me.

I also accepted a couple gifts this week because I won't see my family on my birthday on the 24th, but I didn't get any clothing items! Just a mattress pad and a wine glass. What else do you need in life, right?

This challenge has proved to be interesting in the fact that some weeks I don't buy anything for the mere fact that I'm just too busy. This semester has been so busy for me that I don't even think about shopping! So in the name of the shopping sabbatical, that's good! For my sanity, maybe not so good...

5 comments:

  1. This semester HAS been so busy, I don't even have time to browse through new clothing products online! That might be good for this month though because if I don't browse I won't be tempted to buy. Out of sight out of mind, hopefully...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this semester has been crazy busy, no time to think about shopping! It would be hard to not accept gifts, especially when the gift is a wine glass because you're right what else do you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you're safe shopping at secondary stores! That's a smart way to shop any day. Also, I'd feel weird not accepting gifts, and it's going to be your birthday soon so that's a good exception :) Happy early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This semester has been so busy I barely have time to think about shopping as well! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!
    A mattress pad and a glass of wine sound amazing right now. Great job at not buying anything so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This semester has been going by so fast and has been crazy! Accepting gifts shouldn't count since you didn't buy them yourself! Plus, it's your birthday month, so if you want to spurge a little that's totally fine!

    ReplyDelete