Monday, May 4, 2015

Maurices

7200 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL 61112

When I visited Rockford at the beginning of April, I dragged one of my friends to come take pictures with me at the mall, and I came across Maurices. I really liked their signage - it was refreshing to NOT see something that mentioned spring. "Street Style Starts Here" keeps it short and sweet, and it still gives customers an idea of what merchandise they're carrying.

Within the actual display, Maurices loves having a clean, white backdrop, and leaves it to the clothes to bring the color. With the white wall, mannequins, and walkway, it becomes the clothes' responsibility to bring the color and excitement. Their background signage is consistent with the street style theme and it matches the clothing that is displayed.

Maurices used proportion and rhythm because of their placement and elevation of the mannequins. The tennis shoes in the middle don't take away the attention from the background signage, and they happen to be some of Maurices' signature colors, which is great that they stayed true to their brand imaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment